Tuesday, July 13, 2010

AG has gone over the top

Kate here. I discovered this morning that AG has made a whole new "line" of doll stuff. What used to be "JLYs" are now "MAG"-- My American Girl.
Included in this new line are tons of new earrings, glasses, furniture (a sink at least), dental sets (see picture), and "themed" outfits- hobbies, everyday, sleep & style, special days, etc. And also everything says "Innerstar U!!" Since we spend enough time on the computer already, we won't be participating in AG's newest Computer-game craze. Also, prices have gone up!! Most of the outfits are $30, as opposed to $24 or $28. Not a trend I'm crazy about. Of course, it could be due to this "charm" thing-one comes with each outfit. I'm also not a big fan of the new JLY- excuse me, MAG- "Uniform." It looks like pajamas. The only new thing that I like is Lanie's Owly Nature outfit. I want it so I can show my Owl City fan-ness. :)
Sorry for being incredibly depressing and being totally against all change and progress in American Girl stuff!! :)
Love,
Kate

5 comments:

  1. I agree about Innerstar U. Plus...sorry, but if anything, I'm getting a historical.
    And I really really don't like the new 'meet outfit'. PAJAMA TIME!!!

    anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha .. PJ's is exactly what we thought of too .. this whole new thing is stupid I agree. They start this whole thing with Lanie this year about getting outside doing things and then start a new online world for kids to be indoors on the computer with.

    We are hoping for a new historical later in the year, but otherwise .. nothing new for us .. at least unless they come out with more Lanie good things.

    Scary for sure.
    Kelsyee

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelsyee, I know, what's up with the whole outdoor thing and now this? Gabrielle, totally agree, Historical if anything for us too. Not to say I don't like any of the new stuff. Just the headgear and InnerstarU ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep. I think AG is going a bit too commercial, and the idea of Innerstar University confuses me. It's kind of like the Webkinz craze a few years ago, what with the online world. I do like a few of the new outfits (especially the pet show dress!) but you're right...they're much more expensive. I've got my eye on the chocolate glasses...
    --Kit :)

    ReplyDelete